Weather Seminar - March 16, 2013
Thank you for your interest and participation in the 22nd Annual DuPage County Advanced Severe Weather Seminar.
- Please visit our Weather Seminar Downloads page to download presentations and other materials from the 2013 Advanced Severe Weather Seminar
- Please visit our Facebook page to view photos from the event.
- In addition to the Facebook page, listed above, which is where you will find real-time updates and information from our agency, we also have a Facebook group, specifically designed for weather enthusiasts. Feel free to join the group.
Some of the highlights from the 2013 event included:
- Severe Weather; What You Dont See On TV (Tammie Souza, Fox Chicago Weather)
- Fundamentals of Storm Spotting (Paul Sirvatka, College of DuPage - NexLab)
- What’s New at NWS? – Wireless Emergency Alerts and Impact Based Warnings (Jim Allsopp, National Weather Service)
- Reorganizing Storm Structures (Scott Blair, National Weather Service)
- Hail and Other Threats (Jennifer Laflin, National Weather Service)
- Evolution of Tornadic Supercells Along Warm Fronts in Illinois (Victor Gensini, College of DuPage - NexLab)
- “Ask the Experts” Panel Discussion, featuring all of our presenters
- Tornado Ready Chicago Project (Surprise appearance by NBC 5's Andy Avalos, along with other presenters)
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope to see you at our next event, in 2014!
-DuPage County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
Please follow us on Twitter or join us on Facebook for updates and news!