@ProtectDuPage and Tweet using
25th Advanced Severe Weather Seminar - Saturday, March 12, 2016
The Advanced Severe Weather Seminar is geared toward individuals who will be on the front line of the weather warning system, including spotters, amateur radio operators, emergency management personnel, police, fire, educators, public works and utility workers. This severe weather seminar is designed
to provide continuing education to trained spotters who wish to broaden their understanding of advanced weather phenomena.
Thank you for your interest and participation in the 25th Annual DuPage County Advanced Severe Weather Seminar.
- We are working to post the presentations from Saturday's event as soon as possible, and we anticipate having the majority of the presentations posted by Friday afternoon, March 18, 2016. Please note that due to copyright restrictions, not all presenters
will be authorizing us to make their presentations available online.
- Before the end of the week, a survey will be sent to all attendees for whom we have email addresses. Please take a moment to complete this survey. Every change we made in this year's event was a direct result of feedback we received from previous surveys. While we welcome your feedback, please keep in mind the following:
- Some of logistical and technical issues are beyond our control, due to agreements with our presenters, the existing technology infrastructure of the venue, etc.
- We do our best to minimize the wait times in restroom lines, lunch lines, etc., however it is nearly impossible to completely eliminate lines in any venue, while still having sufficient room to accommodate up to 600 people in separate dining and presentation areas.
- Photos/videos from the event will be shared via our
Facebook page in a few weeks.
- In addition to the Facebook page, listed above, which is where you will find real-time updates and information from our agency, we have a
Facebook group, specifically designed for weather enthusiasts. Feel free to join the group.
Some of the highlights from the 25th Anniversary event included:
Please note some speakers may not have their material available for download.
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope to see you at our 26th event, in 2017!
-DuPage County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
Please follow us on
Twitter and join us on
Facebook for updates and news!
Basic Weather Spotter Classes
The DuPage County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management partnered with the National Weather Service to teach Basic Weather Spotter classes. These free 2-hour classes are open to anyone interested in learning about severe storm and tornado spotting.
- Putting Safety first
- How Spotter reports are used
- Why the need for storm spotters
- Storm Structure and identifying intensity
- Safely observing and reporting severe storms
View the National Weather Service's
Spotter Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). For more information, including class dates, visit