Weather Seminar - Saturday, March 14, 2015
*****Registration Deadline Extended to Friday, March 6 by noon*****
The 24th Annual DuPage County Advanced Severe Weather Seminar will take place on Saturday, March 14, 2015, at Wheaton College (please note that the Wheaton College campus, including all parking and outdoor areas, are non-smoking areas).
The Advanced Severe Weather Seminar is geared toward those individuals who will be on the front line of the weather warning system, including spotters, amateur radio operators, emergency management personnel, police, fire, educators, public works and utility workers. This severe weather seminar is designed to provide continuing education to trained spotters who wish to broaden their understanding of advanced weather phenomena.
Some of the speakers include:
- Tammie Souza (Fox 32 News Chicago)
- Paul Sirvatka (College of DuPage - Nexlab)
- Victor Gensini (College of DuPage - Nexlab)
- Skip Talbot (Storm Chaser)
- Karen Kosiba (Center for Severe Weather Research)
- Ben Deubelbeiss (National Weather Service - Chicago)
- Greg Carbin (Storm Prediction Center [SPC] - Norman, Oklahoma)
Although the agenda and topics are
still being finalized, please see the tentative agenda below. Please note the doors will
open at 7:00 a.m. The presentations will begin promptly at 8:30 a.m., however,
attendees are encouraged to arrive by 8 a.m. to provide enough time for
checking in, finding a seat and to enjoy a continental breakfast.
The most efficient way to
register for the seminar is to register with a credit card, via our online
registration widget below. If paying by check, however, please print out our
downloadable registration form and
mail it to us with your check. All participants will need to register in
advance (no “walk-in” registrations will be permitted), so that we can ensure adequate
food and seating arrangements for the attendees. Once registered, each attendee will receive an order confirmation email. Please print the order confirmation email and bring it to the event.
- Please visit our Weather Seminar Downloads page to download
presentations and other materials from last year's Advanced Severe Weather
- We invite you to "Like" our OHSEM Facebook page, so
that you can receive information and updates pertaining to the seminar.
Additionally, we also have a Facebook
group, specifically designed for event attendees and weather
enthusiasts. Feel free to join the group.
- Follow @ProtectDuPage and Tweet using #DuPageWxSeminar
- This event is not a function of Wheaton
- Presenters and topics are subject to change without notice
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope to see you on
-DuPage County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency