Weather Seminar - Saturday, March 12, 2016
Welcome to the event website for the DuPage County Advanced Severe Weather Seminar.
Follow @ProtectDuPage and Tweet using #DuPageWxSeminar
- Please visit our Weather Seminar Downloads page to download presentations and other materials from last year's Advanced Severe Weather Seminar. (Please note that due to copyright restrictions, not all presenters will be authorizing us to make their presentations available online.)
- In addition to our Facebook page, which is where you will find real-time updates and information from our agency, we have a Facebook group, specifically designed for weather enthusiasts. Feel free to join the group.
- Some of the highlights from the 2015 event included:
- Weather or Not, Fiction vs. Fact (Tammie Souza, Fox Chicago Weather)
- Anticipating Tornadoes in Visual Clues (Skip Talbot)
- Surprise Tornadoes (Paul Sirvatka, College of DuPage - Nexlab)
- A Review of U.S. Severe Weather in 2014 and a Look Ahead at New SPC Forecasts in 2015 (Greg Carbin, Storm Prediction Center)
- 2015 NWS Spotter Training - A New Spin on Mesovortices (Ben Deubelbeiss, National Weather Service)
- An Amazing Look at Tornadoes Using High-resolution Doppler Radar (Karen Kosiba, Center for Severe Weather Research)
- Technology and Software for Spotter and Emergency Personnel (Victor Gensini, College of DuPage - Nexlab)
- "Ask the Experts" Panel Discussion
Thank you for visiting our website. We hope to see you at our 25th event on March 12, 2016!
-DuPage County Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Management