Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP)
This program offers eligible households energy efficiency upgrades in their residence. A comprehensive computerized whole house energy audit is conducted to determine which specific services are appropriate.
- Households who qualify for LIHEAP and/or are receiving SSI Title IV and XVI, are automatically eligible for Weatherization.
- Client must be a DuPage County resident.
- Income must not exceed 200% of the Federal poverty level.
- Effective Date: July 1, 2021
- NOTE: *Add $9,080 for each additional household member above 10 persons (annual income)
|Number of Persons||Annual Income|
|1 person ||$25,760|
|2 persons ||$34,840|
|3 persons ||$43,920|
|4 persons ||$53,000|
|5 persons ||$62,080|
|6 persons ||$71,160|
|7 persons ||$80,240|
|8 persons ||$89,320|
Energy Savings Measures Provided
- Air sealing measures to reduce infiltration
- Insulating walls and attics to recommended levels
- Weather-stripping exterior doors
- Testing for safety and efficiency of furnace and water heaters
- Installation of smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors and other health and safety measures as necessary
- LED light bulbs and smart power strip
If you believe you qualify for the weatherization program please contact DuPage County Community Services at 630-407-6500 or 1-800-942-9412 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Page Last Updated 06/29/2021