Human Services Grant Fund
The primary objective of the DuPage County Government is to efficiently and effectively serve the residents of the County. It is in this spirit that the DuPage County Board created a funding pool to provide assistance to organizations that serve the human
services needs of DuPage County residents.
The funds from these grants must be used to benefit DuPage County residents.
Areas of Interest
Agencies submitting proposals must have proposed program goals that meet one or all of these primary goals of human service delivery.
- To promote self-sufficiency and help families achieve independence,
- To ensure the protection of children and other vulnerable residents; and
- To maximize prevention opportunities to strengthen families' well being and stability.
Additional Program Qualifications
- The not-for-profit charitable agency applying for the funds must have been in operation, with 501(c)(3) status, for at least three years prior to submittal of application
- Exception: Neighborhood Resource Centers (NRCs). NRCs are only eligible to receive funding for programs that target adults.
- Priority will be given to those agencies and proposals who have an established and favorable track record of working with the County's Department of Community Services.
- It is strongly encouraged that at least 60% of the program funding be directed toward individuals at or below 0 - 30% of HUD (U.S. Housing and Urban Development) Median Family Income (MFI) or those meeting Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Agencies can submit one application as a solo and / or one as an associated application.
- In the case of multi-service agencies, it is strongly encouraged to request funding for a single program. Should one agency request funding for more than one program within the organization, agency's priority needs must be clearly identified.
- Advertising journals, booklets, etc.
- For-profit organizations
- Ticket purchases
- Colleges and Universities
- Purely social or religious organizations
- Neighborhood Resource Centers, except those with programs targeting
- Political parties or candidates
- Construction or capital projects
- Government-sponsored non-profits
- Non-direct service agencies
- Pass-through organizations that would seek to redistribute county dollars
- Transportation of non-isolated individuals
- Social events of non-isolated individuals
HSGF Final Reports
2018 HSGF Application Information
Note: Links contain Adobe PDF files. To obtain a free copy of Adobe Reader software, please visit
The Human Services Grant Fund application is now a web-based program. For access to the portal, attendance at the Mandatory Meeting is required.
2018 HSGF Awardees as Approved by County Board (PDF)
2017 HSGF Awardees as Approved by County Board (PDF)
2016 HSGF Awardees as Approved by County Board (PDF)
2015 HSGF Awardees as approved by County Board (PDF)
2014 HSGF Awardees as approved by County Board (PDF)
Community Development Commission
DuPage County Human Services Grant Fund
CDC Room - 2-800
421 N. County Farm Rd.
Wheaton IL 60187
Page last updated 12-12-2018