The CDC also has a Neighborhood Investment, Community-Wide Benefit, Accessibility Improvements, and Planning Projects category that addresses the needs of low-to moderate-income neighborhoods by providing funding for capital improvements.
Neighborhood Investment, Community-Wide Benefit, Accessibility Improvements, and Planning Projects - usually used by municipalities/townships for capital improvement projects that benefit a defined low to moderate-income service area. The service area
must be primarily residential. Planning projects are the only non-capital projects in this category.
The DuPage County Community Development Commission
hereby announces the availability of funding and application process FY2020
Neighborhood Investment, Community-Wide Benefit, Accessibility Improvements and
Planning projects for program years 2020, 2021, & 2022.
Notice of Funding
Mandatory Informational Meeting and PowerPoint Presentation
- August 21, 2019 - Neighborhood Investment:
10:00am to 11:00am in room 3-500b
421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL
- 2020 Neighborhood Investment PowerPoint Presentation (PDF)
If an organization is a new applicant, or has not been
awarded CDBG funding from DuPage County since 2017, attendance at the upcoming
“Are You Ready for Federal Funds?” meeting is mandatory. New applicants
or those who have not been awarded CDBG funding from DuPage County since 2017
will not be eligible for 2020, 2021, or 2022 funding if you do not attend the
meeting. “Are You Ready for Federal Funds?” meeting is scheduled for
September 11, 2019 from 11:30am – 12:30pm in Room 3-500b.
- Contact CDC staff at
firstname.lastname@example.org to place your name on the electronic notification list.
- Attendance at an informational meeting is required with information about the online grant process will be provided.
- A public hearing is required and should be arranged as soon as possible for all CDBG NIV applications.
- A current Board Resolution is required with each application.
- A Letter of Intent submitted through the online portal is due by 4:30 pm, September 6, 2019.
- The entire CDBG Neighborhood Investment application is to be submitted through the online portal by 4:30 pm, October 11, 2019.
- Visit the
Income Survey Methodology webpage for more information on income surveys.
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS MUST DELIVER ONE COPY OF THEIR AUDITED FINANCIAL STATEMENT INCLUDING MANAGEMENT LETTERS, RESPONSES AND AN A-133 IF APPLICABLE TO THE COMMUNITY
DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION OFFICE BY APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE.