Pilot II Subsidized Taxi Service
Started in 1998 by the IAPCC (Interagency Paratransit Coordinating Council) and administered by DuPage County, the program was primarily designed to ease transportation obstacles for senior citizens and persons with disabilities. However, agency and grant sponsors have been able to offer subsidies to many other DuPage County residents.
Participation is available through sponsoring cities, villages, townships and social service agencies in DuPage County. Registration through a sponsor is required.
View List of Participating Cab Companies
- Travel 24 hrs/day, 365 days/year anywhere in DuPage County except for Alliance Taxi. See cab list for Alliance hours of operation.
- Trip reservations are made directly with one of the three cab companies.
- Trip reservations can be made as much as one week in advance.
- Purchase coupons from your "sponsor" at a reduced rate - coupons are all worth $5.00 toward cab fare.
- Use your coupons and Pilot II ID card to pay part or all of your cab fare. Must have cash for tips.
- No lift-equipped vehicles are available.
Municipal and Township Sponsors
Addison Township - (630) 530-8161 x140
(all or part of Addison, Bensenville, Elmhurst, Itasca, Lombard, Villa Park, Wood Dale)
- Village of Burr Ridge - (630) 654-8181
- City of Darien - (630) 852-5000
- City of Elmhurst - (630) 530-3015
- City of Warrenville - (630) 393-9427
WAYNE TOWNSHIP - (630)-231-7140
(all or part of Bartlett, Carol Stream, Hanover Park, St. Charles, Wayne, West Chicago)
- Village of Willowbrook - (630) 323-8215
- Village of Woodridge - (630) 852-7000
DuPage County Health Department
Title VI Program Notice:
"No person in the United States shall on the ground of race, color, or national origin be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal Financial assistance." (42 USC 2000d)