Provides subsidized taxi and lift equipped bus transportation for income eligible DuPage County residents. Primarily used for visits to medical facilities and government offices within the County limits . Lift-equipped vehicles are
- Any resident of DuPage County who has income at or below 125% of the federal poverty guidelines, or a Senior Citizen, or person with a disability whose income is at or below 200% of the federal poverty level.
- Clients cannot have their own transportation.
- Clients cannot use the transportation for trips outside of DuPage County without prior approval.
- Ride DuPage will not transport to medical appointments if the client has Medicaid. (Public Aid will pay for these clients.)
- Will transport all ages. (Minors must be accompanied by an adult.)
- Transportation is provided for eligible clients only if services are not available through PACE, township or municipal transit programs.
- Eligibility may be revoked for non-payment of $4.00 fee, failure to cancel a reserved ride, or any violation of the program guidelines.
- Clients traveling to dialysis appointments are allowed 3 round trips per week. Other clients are limited to 2 round trips per week. Clients requiring additional trips for chemotherapy
appointments may be authorized for up to 5 trips per week for 3 weeks with a supervisor's or manager's
- Clients traveling to dialysis appointments
are not allowed additional trips.
- Clients that have two or more no shows/no loads or late cancellation of the cab will be terminated from the program. Payment for the no shows or late cancellations is required prior to reinstatement.
- Doctors' appointments
- Dentists' appointments
- DuPage County Community Services
- DuPage County Health Department and its Public Health Centers
- $4.00 each way to DuPage County Community Services
- $4.00 each way to DuPage County Health Department main office 111 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton
- All other trips are $1.50 for the first six (6) miles, then $1.50 per mile over the six (6) miles each
If you believe you qualify please call 630-407-6500 or 1-800-942-9412 or email
Visit the Ride DuPage website at http://www.ridedupage.org.
Title VI Program Notice:
"No person in the United States shall on the ground of race, color, or national origin be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal Financial assistance." (42 USC 2000d)