Contact Information: Johnna Kelly 630-407-6022
Wednesday, November 5, 2014
DuPage County Hosts Public Meeting Nov. 20 Regarding 55th Street Roadway Improvement Project
DuPage County Division of Transportation, in conjunction with the Village of Downers Grove, will host a public meeting on Thursday, Nov. 20, regarding proposed improvements along 55th Street from Dunham Road to Clarendon Hills Road.
Residents and business owners are invited to attend the informational meeting that will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 20, at the Downers Grove Park District – Lincoln Center Auditorium, 935 Maple Ave., Downers Grove. Exhibits depicting the proposed improvements, including areas of additional right-of-way or easements, will be on display. In addition, county and village representatives will be available to answer questions and record comments.
The proposed improvements include:
• Widening the 55th Street intersections at Main Street and Fairview Avenue to provide exclusive left turn lanes;
• Resurfacing 55th Street from Dunham Road to Williams Street;
• Traffic signal modernization;
• Traffic signal interconnection between Dunham Road and Clarendon Hills Road; and
• Repair and upgrade of sidewalk and retaining walls.
For more information, contact DuPage County Division of Transportation at (630) 407-6900.