Liquor Commission Resources
The following websites are great resources for residents interested in learning more about alcohol-related issues affecting DuPage County:
- Alliance Against Intoxicated Motorists (AAIM) - AAIM is an Illinois non-profit organization whose mission is "to prevent deaths and injuries caused by intoxicated or distracted motorists and to assist impaired driving crash victims and their families throughout the state of Illinois."
- Illinois Division of Transportation Safety (IDTS) - The IDTS is part of the Illinois Department of Transportation with a mission "to formulate, coordinate, and deliver information, services and programs which will mobilize public and private resources to establish effective public policy and integrated programs to improve highway safety in Illinois."
- Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) - The mission of the ILCC is "to protect the health, safety and welfare of the people of Illinois through careful control and regulation of the manufacture, distribution, and sale of alcoholic liquors and through the development of strategies to reduce youth access to tobacco products."
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) - MADD is a national nonprofit with local offices whose mission is "to stop drunk driving, support the victims of these violent crimes and prevent underage drinking."
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) - Under the US Department of Transportation, the NHTSA's mission is to "save lives, prevent injuries and reduce economic costs due to road traffic crashes, through education, research, safety standards and enforcement activity."
- National Safety Council (NSC) - The National Safety Council is a nonprofit organization whose mission is "to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities and on the road through leadership, research, education and advocacy."