The DuPage County Clerk's office issues liquor licenses for only unincorporated DuPage County.
- Owner must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Owner must be a DuPage County resident or have a DuPage County resident as a full time manager.
- Owner & manager must be fingerprinted by the DuPage County Sheriff's office. The fee for fingerprinting is $36.00.
- Owner must show proof of insurance.
- Owner must show a copy of the lease or charter organization.
- All servers & bartenders must have proof of BASSET liquor training.
- Premises must be inspected by the DuPage County Health & Building Departments.
Download a copy of the DuPage County Liquor Ordinance
|Classes of Liquor Licenses||Non-refundable
|Initial Fee||Renewal Fee|
|A: Package Store||$1,000.00||$2,250.00||$2,250.00|
|B: Restaurants & Taverns||$1,000.00||$2,250.00||$2,250.00|
|C: Hotels & Recreational Facilities||$1,000.00||$2,400.00||$2,400.00|
|D: Extra Bar within a Business with License||N/A||$ 200.00||$ 200.00|
|E: Temporary Daily License||N/A||$ 50.00||N/A|
|F: Clubs||N/A||$ 375.00||$ 375.00|
|I: Catering||N/A||$ 100.00||N/A|
|J: Public Community College||$1,000.00||$5,850.00||$5,850.00|
Liquor Licenses are valid from July 1st thru June 30th.
Liquor Commission and
As stated in the DuPage County code, the Chairman of the DuPage County Board serves as the Liquor Commissioner for the unincorporated areas throughout DuPage County.
The Liquor Commissioner issues temporary liquor licenses, Class "E" and "I". To download an application and instructions for a temporary liquor license, please click on the "more information" link.