Drug Court Program Eligibility Requirements (per statute 730 ILCS166/20)
Thank you, for your interest in DuPage County Drug Court Program. The revised eligibility requirements are as follows:
The applicant must:
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States
- Age 18 or older
- Be an addict with a history of abusing alcohol and/or drugs
- Resolve all out of county cases including warrants and/or holds from other Jurisdictions
- Include all DuPage County cases in the agreement
The excluding factors are:
- Applying on a crime of violence
- The applicant denies his/her addiction to drugs and/or alcohol
- The applicant denies a willingness to participate in treatment
- The applicant has been convicted of a crime of violence within the past 10 years excluding incarceration time. As used in this section "crime of violence" means first degree murder, second degree murder, predatory criminal sexual assault of a child, aggravated criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual assault, armed robbery, aggravated arson, aggravated kidnapping, kidnapping, aggravated battery resulting in great bodily harm or permanent disability, stalking, aggravated stalking or any offense involving the discharge of a firearm.
If your client meets the above criteria, please:
Complete the Drug Court application, which is available in all felony courtrooms:
- Circle either the on bond or custody section that is located directly under the defendant's signature.
- Please request a six week continuance.
Complete the Pre Sentence Request form:
- Circle the Criminal History Check that is located under the misdemeanor heading and write in Drug Court.
- Fill out the address section, including the defendant's telephone number.
The above factors are to be used as a general guideline when you are considering filing a Drug Court application for your client. The Drug Court team may deny admission based upon articulable facts and circumstances surrounding an applicant's prior or pending case, not just the charge that has been filed.
Again, thank you for your interest and application to the DuPage County Drug Court Program. If you have any questions, please contact Bernadine McFarland, Program Manager at 407-8448 or email@example.com