Memorial Roadway Signage Program
The Division of Transportation adopted a Roadside Memorial Marker Program on March 5, 2010 for victims of motorists that were determined to be Driving Under the Influence (DUI) on the DuPage County highway system. The program was amended to include Distracted
Driving on May 17, 2011. Under this program, the relative of a victim of an accident determined to be caused due to either situation may request of the Division of Transportation to erect a memorial marker for said individual(s).
*Please note that under the IDOT Public Act for the Program, the requested memorial name cannot be the driver that caused the accident by either having been determined to be under the influence or distracted as defined under the Act conditions at the
time of the accident.
Procedures for this program are, as follows:
- Complete and submit an
application form; and
- Provide a copy of any accident report from the local law enforcement agency, State Police or County Sheriff's Department, as is applicable; and
- A cover letter stating your relationship to the victim; and
- Any required documentation as required on Page 2 of the application.
- There is a one-time application fee of $100.00 and a $75.00 fee for each name placard. Do not submit the fee at time of application. With the County's approval of the request, an invoice will be provided to the applicant for remittance prior to manufacture
of the signage.
- You will receive notice of your sign approval or denial w/explanation.