Powis Road at North Avenue
- County Highway 18, Powis Road
Updated: May 7, 2018
Short Description of Work
DuPage County is improving the intersection of Powis Road and North Avenue (Illinois Route 64) by widening Powis Road to allow two southbound through-lanes on and double left turn lanes from both northbound and southbound directions; re-striping for double left turn lanes from westbound North Avenue and a right turn lane from eastbound North Avenue; improving stormwater drainage facilities; and installing the permanent traffic signal at the intersection. These improvements were part of the plans when North Avenue was reconstructed and widened in 2013, but this portion of the project was deferred.
This project will be constructed in several stages. Along Powis Road, a left turn lane and through lane will be open in each direction at all times. Daytime lane closures along North Avenue will be required at times.
The work is to be completed within 85 Working Days.
- Work began on the 48" storm sewer on October 30, 2017.
- Work was suspended in early December 2017 and resumed on March 12, 2018.
- Several utilities are still working to relocate their facilities.
- The Contractor is currently working on drainage improvements and pavement widening.
- Keil Road at North Avenue is currently closed as the pavement is being reconstructed.
Plans, Special Provisions, and Bid Details
|Contractor ||Martam Construction Inc.|
1200 Gasket Drive
Elgin, IL 60120
|Design Engineer ||AECOM Technical Services, Inc.|
|Resident Engineer ||Illinois Department of Transportation|
|Project Engineer ||Kent Kuper, P.E. (DuPage County)