31st Street - Meyers Road to York Road
Updated:Friday, April 16, 2021
County Highway 34 31st Street
Between Meyers Road and York Road
Short Description of Work
The project includes:
- Widening eastbound 31st Street west of IL-83 in order to lengthen the right turn lane to southbound IL-83 and the left turn lane to northbound IL-83.
- Widening 31st Street between IL-83 and west of Spring Road in order to provide dual left turn lanes from eastbound 31st Street to Jorie Boulevard. The current configuration includes a single left turn lane with one of the thru-lanes allowed to turn left during certain times of the day.
- Widening the northbound IL-83 ramp to 31st Street to provide dual right turn lanes.
- Replace the traffic signals at the southbound IL 83 ramps, the northbound IL 83 ramps, and at Jorie Boulevard.
- Modify the traffic signals at Midwest Road, Meyers Road, Concord Drive / Trinity Lane, and Regent Drive / St. Paschal Drive.
- Sidewalk and curb ramp improvements at some locations.
- Resurfacing 31st Street from west of Meyers Road to west of York Road, as well as parts of Meyers Road, Midwest Road, Jorie Boulevard,
This project is a joint effort between DuPage County and the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Some of the preliminary work will be constructed using daily lane closures, as needed.
Most of the work will be "staged" where one lane is closed in each direction, while keeping turn lanes open to the extent possible.
115 Working Days are allowed per the special provisions.
Work started on Monday, April 12, 2021.
The contractor is currently installing temporary traffic signals and erosion control measures.
Plans, Special Provisions and Bid Details
Link to plans, special provisions, and bid details.
K-Five Construction Corporation
999 Oakmont Plaza Drive
Westmont, IL 60559
333 Pierce Road, Suite 200
Itasca, IL 60143
Kent Kuper, P.E.
DuPage County Division of Transportation
Knight E/A, Inc.
221 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60601