Rules of the Trail
- Share the trail with:
- Horseback riders
- People using personal conveyance devices
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited.
- Per County ordinance, motorized wheelchairs and other personal conveyance devices for people with disabilities are allowed.
- All users should keep right on the trail. Riders should travel single file and passing should occur on the left.
- Users should announce their intention to pass.
- Move off the trail when stopped.
- No alcoholic beverages or controlled substances are allowed on the Path.
- All animals should be kept leashed and owners must clean up after them.
- Please wear a helmet when bicycling.
- Please dispose of any garbage in receptacles located throughout the trail.
Adopted from Safe Bicycling in Illinois, a booklet published by the Illinois Department of Transportation.