I-355 Extension Bikeway
The I-355 Extension Bikeway is an intergovernmental effort to construct a new regional trail which will link DuPage County with Cook and Will Counties following in the general vicinity of the Interstate 355, the North-South Tollway, extension that connects Interstate 55 with Interstate 88. Approximately 14 miles in length, the new regional trail would provide an important link to the following existing facilities
- Village of Woodridge Municipal Trail System
- Southern DuPage County Regional Trail
- I & M Canal Trail/Heritage Park Trail/Centennial Trail in Will and Cook Counties
- Illinois Prairie Path in Cook, DuPage, and Kane Counties
- Old Plank Road Trail in Cook, Kendall, and Will Counties
In October 2014, Will County Forest Preserve District opened a segment of trail along I-355 that connects International Centre with the Centennial Trail.
There is not a specific timeline established for this project to extend south of the I&M Canal.