Report A Violation
Please report violations in special management areas by contacting our office by email or by phone at 630-407-6700.
Violations may include the following if the applicant has not received a permit:
- Dumping or storing material, including landscape waste and compost
- Excavating and dredging
- Removing, mowing, or damaging vegetation
- Compacting soils by driving over them or storing vehicles
- Regular use from off road vehicles
- Building dams or bridges over streams and drainage ways
- Installing culverts or diverting streams
- Diverting storm water runoff
Sediment and erosion controls should be functioning through the construction process. If you see soil or sediment being tracked or washed off the site in an incorporated area, please contact the municipality. If you see this violation occur in unincorporated DuPage County, please contact the County.
Once a violation has been reported, County staff will investigate and/or report the incident to the appropriate authority.