Green Initiatives - Rx Box Program
Launched by the DuPage County Health Department in 2009, the
RxBox Program offers residents a safe, easy way to drop off unwanted medications that might otherwise have gone to waterways and landfill. To date, over 7.5 tons, or 15,000 pounds,
of medications have been collected with the Rx Box Program. Unwanted medicine can be dropped off at any of the following DuPage County Rx Box locations:
- Addison Police Department; 3 Friendship Plaza
- Bensenville Police Department; 345 E. Green St.
- Bloomingdale Police Department; 201 Bloomingdale Rd.
- Burr Ridge Police Department; 7660 County Line Rd.
- Carol Stream Police Department; 500 N. Gary Ave.
- Clarendon Hills Police Department, 448 Park Avenue
- Darien Police Department, 1710 Plainfield Rd.
- DuPage Sheriff; 501 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton
- Elmhurst Police Department; 125 E. 1st St.
- Glen Ellyn Police Department; 65 S. Park Blvd.
- Glendale Heights Police Department; 300 Civic Center Plaza
- Hanover Park Police Department; 2011 W. Lake St.
- Itasca Police Department, 540 W. Irving Park Rd.
- Lisle Police Department, 5040 Lincoln Ave.
RX Box Usage Video
- Naperville Police Department, 1350 Aurora Ave.
- Roselle Police Department; 103 S. Prospect St..
- Wood Dale Police Department; 404 N. Wood Dale Rd.
Other drop off locations
- Regional HHW Facility, 156 Fort Hill Drive, Naperville, Sat. & Sun. 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. except holidays
- Edward Hospital - 801 S Washington St., Naperville, South Lobby, Open 24 hrs/ 7 days a week
- Elmhurst Hospital - 155 E. Brush Hill Rd., Elmhurst, in the vestibule of door 28 near Emergency Dept., Open 24 hrs/ 7 days a week
- Walgreens Locations:
1221 N. Lake St., Aurora
1000 Ogden Ave., Downers Grove
6240 Belmont Rd., Downers Grove
7350 Barrington Rd., Hanover Park
324 Roosevelt Rd., Glen Ellyn
63 W. 87th St., Naperville
163 W. 87th St. Napervile
612 Raymond Dr., Naperville
3035 Book Rd.., Naperville
2719 Hassert Rd. Naperville
200 E. Roosevelt Rd., Villa Park
27W171 Geneva Rd., Winfield
- CVS Locations
101 Bartlett Plaza, Bartlett
26W212 Geneva Rd, Carol Stream
400 Ogden Ave., Downers Grove
110 W. North Ave., Elmhurst
230 East Avenue North, Glendale Heights
1005 E. Roosevelt Rd., Lombard
1299 E. Ogden Ave, Naperville
2000 S. Naperville Rd., Wheaton
- Meijer Locations
808 N. Route 59, Aurora
130 S. Gary Avenue, Bloomingdale
- Lombard Pharmacy, 211 South Main Street, Lombard, M-F, 9 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- City of Naperville Police & Fire Stations -
visit Naperville website for locations
- Elk Grove Village - visit Elk Grove Village website for details
- Warrenville Police Department, 3S245 Warrenville Ave., Warrenville, M-F, 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. and Sat. 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
The program is for unused prescriptions and expired medicines generated by residents. No commercial or institutional waste will be accepted. Please remove medications from original container and put in a
plastic bag before dropping off to any location. Any personal information should be blacked out for safety.