Cool DuPage for Commercial/Industrial
DuPage County invites residents, businesses and government agencies to join the Cool DuPage effort to reduce energy consumption. By working together, we can help DuPage County reduce greenhouse gases through big and small changes.
New! ComEd Now Accepting Customer Applications for Solar Rebates
Commercial and industrial customers can now apply for rebates of $250 per kilowatt of installed solar energy after June 1, 2017. Rebate amounts are based on the capacity of a company's solar project and will be fulfilled within 60 days of receipt of a
Eligible customers can learn more about the new ComEd rebate program requirements and apply for a rebate at www.comed.com/DGrebate.
Tips for an Energy Efficient Commercial or Industrial Business
- Improve your energy management by reviewing your current outputs and program efficiency at
ENERGY STAR. This program will provide measurements, tracking and benchmarks to improve functions and save money.
- Installing LED lamps, motion detection lighting and decreasing lighting in non-peak hours, can make a big impact on your energy bills.
- Go LEED certified - for all types of construction and development incorporate many of the "green" features of the LEED program.
- Encourage employees to use alternative transportation. Offer biking and car-pooling incentives. Educate employees on pre-tax public transit programs.
- Review your campus landscaping, are there areas where native plantings might be appropriate? Is there a wooded section on the lot? Resigning a campus landscape or parking lot provides benefits to employees, guests and the environment.
- Mechanical Insulation
Tax Incentives, Rebates and Brochures