Becoming a Cool DuPage Partner
DuPage County is pleased to offer municipalities a partnership in the Cool DuPage program. Partners are asked to adopt a model
resolution and work toward completing the goals agreed upon or stated in the signed resolution. As a partner, communities receive technical and outreach
assistance and recognition from the County. Municipalities that adopt the resolution, pledge their leadership and support in their respective communities to promote energy efficiency and improved air quality to their residents, commercial businesses
and local governments.
Recommendations for partner participation:
- Promote Cool DuPage and its objectives and strategies;
- Engage with school districts, libraries and other governmental entities about energy saving opportunities and techniques to reduce vehicle miles traveled;
- Share information in the community through newsletters or other public outreach methods;
- Review citywide energy consumption provided by the County and/or its Green Government Council members;
- Complete a municipal building energy consumption assessment and work on areas of implementation identified in the assessment;
- Track and share results from comparative assessments using the 2007 baseline data.
Charter partners are those who have signed onto the Cool DuPage effort by October 2016.