Register to Vote
You can begin the process of registering to vote in DuPage County right here. You can check to see if you are already registered, register online, or download an application as a PDF file and fill it in and mail today. You can also register at many locations
throughout DuPage County. To check your eligibility to vote, please read through the following requirements. If you have any questions, you can view our Voter FAQs, or you can contact us directly.
(NOTE: The downloadable
registration form must be printed, physically signed, and mailed or delivered to
the Election Commissioners no later than 28 days before the next
Who can register to vote
In order to register to vote, you must meet these qualifications:
- You must be a United States citizen
- You must be at least 18 years old on or before the next election (OR for a General Primary, must be 17 and will be 18 by the General Election)
- You must live in your election precinct at least 30 days before the next election
- You must not be convicted and in jail
- You cannot claim the right to vote anywhere else
Where and How to register to vote
You must register at least 28 days prior to an election in order to vote in that election. You can register by mail or in person. Following the close of registration, Illinois allows for "Grace Period" Registration and Voting beginning the 27 day prior
until the day before an election. For more information about "Grace Period", click here.
You can register in person at local City, Village, or Township Halls in DuPage County or at the Election Commission office in addition to some local Libraries. Click here for
a list of registration locations. When registering, be sure to bring two forms of identification with you, one of which must have your correct address on it.
Recent legislation now allows you to complete an application online via the Illinois State Board of Elections website. Click here to access the Illinois
Online Voter Application.
NOTE: To apply electronically you must provide:
- Your Illinois Drivers License number or Illinois Secretary of State issued State ID number.
- Date the license or ID was issued.
- The last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Your birth date.
You can also register by mail using an approved registration application form. You may download a PDF registration form IL Mail-In Registration - English,
or IL Mail-In Registration - Spanish or you may contact
the Election Commission to have a form sent to you. Instructions are included on the form for where to mail it.
Please note the following deadline information:
- You must mail or deliver this form no later than 28 days before the next election.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 4 weeks of mailing or delivering this form, call the DuPage County Election Commission at 630-407-5600.