Job Details for 1376 - Care Center Finance Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under administrative direction, performs work of considerable difficulty managing and coordinating all business activities of the Care Center.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
The employee in this class coordinates and oversees all financial matters for the Care Center, and is responsible for managing and coordinating business activities which include general and cost accounting, management of information systems, billing of all Medicaid, Medicare, private and Veterans' Administration accounts receivables and the collection of receivables, cash control, rate structure determinations, and general and capital budgeting. Work is performed under the administrative direction of the Care Center Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Develops, implements and administers financial management information for the Care Center
• Coordinates and manages accounts receivable, accounts payable, and resident accounts and collections
• Conducts routine internal audits on all accounts
• Supervises the work of subordinate personnel engaged in Care Center business office activities
• Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions
• Acts as a liaison between the Finance department and Care Center in the areas of expenditure and revenue accounting
• Prepares special reports
• Analyzes accounts and assists in the Center's budget preparation
• Directs and assists in the development of management information systems for the Center
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Principles, methods and practices of health care accounting and finance
• Computerized accounting and financial systems
• Principles and practices of effective management
• Management and leadership principles
• Current office practices, procedures and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Analyzing and interpreting fiscal and statistical data
• Applying accounting knowledge to establish efficient and effective accounting systems
• Planning, assigning and supervising the work of others
• Planning, scheduling and supervising the work of others
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Monitor and evaluate employees
• Prioritize and assign work
• Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals
• Plan, analyze, and evaluate programs and services, operational needs, and fiscal constraints
• Plan, organize, manage and evaluate the work of the division to ensure efficient, timely and cost-effective services
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
• Provide leadership to effectively resolve issues
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
Exercises supervision of personnel in related area of responsibility.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with three to five years of experience in healthcare financial management including two years of experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS