Job Details for 1434 - Senior Programmer Analyst
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under direction; performs work of considerable difficulty in the analysis of business needs, supporting existing systems, new development and recommending viable technical solutions; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This position is of an advanced technical nature, involving analysis, programming systems work and documentation. As a member of a project team, the employee in this class may direct the work of programmer/analysts and work on difficult problems in the development and implementation of new information technology systems. This class is distinguished from that of lower level programmer/analyst by the variety of assignments; degree of complexity of assignments and the development of user reference materials. Direction is received from a Business Analyst or Applications Development Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Participates in a project team, support and enhance existing systems and implements new applications.
• Collaborates with application teams, technical teams and vendors on technical solutions and alternatives to solve business needs.
• Analyzes business environment, processes, systems and organizational structure.
• Receives and understands deliverables and requirements.
• Writes required programming code necessary for new or existing systems.
• Ensures system test and stability before delivery.
• Documents system and operational and maintenance procedures.
• Works with end users to gather business requirements, document and gain approval for the scope of a project, develop project plans and participate in implementation.
• Provides input on the specifications and evaluation of new off-the-shelf applications.
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Principles methods, techniques and practices of programming and project management.
• Standard project management methodologies and tools.
• IBM mainframe environment or Microsoft Client/Server environment.
• Computer systems which include - .NET, Common Business Oriented Language (COBOL), Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), Customer Information Control System (CICS), Job Control Language (JCL) and Microsoft suite of products including SQL server, Visual basic, VB.
• Process re-engineering and requirements analysis.
• Analytical review of project work.
• Making sound recommendations based on technical requirements.
• Identifying, addressing and resolving technical problems within a system.
• Working effectively with internal staff and vendors.
• Proactively identify and define business needs and apply applicable technology solutions.
• Implementing the selection process of off-the-shelf software.
• Develop innovative methods to achieve desired results.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form, and to produce desired outcomes timely and completely.
• Prepare documentation of new systems and modifications.
• Train end users on system usage and reporting features and system upgrades.
• Applies standard project management methodologies within projects along with following change management processes.
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology-related field and three (3) years of programming experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS