Job Details for 1445 - Senior Technical Support Analyst
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under general direction; performs work of comprehensive difficulty analyzing and solving software problems for electronic information technology systems; and performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This position is of a technical nature involving the repair and maintenance of software support systems. An individual in this class is responsible for design, definition and problem solving in order to ensure the efficient operation and interface of the various support systems. The work is performed under the direction of the Manager of Technical Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Maintains system software
• Analyzes breakdowns and restores the systems to operation
• Assists programmers/analysts in utilizing software appropriately
• Installs new software packages integrating new systems with existing data
• Insures appropriate interface of data eliminating system incompatibilities
• Manipulates system brain center (supervisor) to insure efficient operation and smooth interface of data work with software vendor and apply appropriate "Programmer Temporary Fix" in order to keep the system operational
• Tailors the operating system to meet the specific needs of the department and the County
• Provides direction for lower level technical support staff and programmers
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Software support systems
• Internal system operation and software interface capabilities
• Programming, problem solving and systems work
• Information technology practices, methods, principles and techniques relative to the application and operation of a high speed computer center complex
• Current office practices, procedures and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Reasoning logically regarding operational aspects of information technology applications and functions of a computer complex
• Manipulating the system "supervisor" insuring appropriate interface of various software systems
• Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the system
• Planning alterations in and adjustments to hardware and software
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of an Associate’s degree in an information technology related area and five to six years of experience primarily in technical support with time spent in the programming and systems area; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS