FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under general supervision, performs work of moderate difficulty providing research, data entry, outreach, and coordination of communication regarding community resources and events on behalf of the Community Services Department; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
Employees in this class perform professional work by obtaining and disseminating community resource information. Individuals in this class have strong human relations skills and the ability to effectively work with others to help market and educate the public regarding services; obtains cooperation and facilitates the distribution of accurate information to the division and to the public in a timely fashion. General supervision is received from the Homeless Management Information System Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Performs comprehensive research on community resources, events and news identified for inclusion in both the community resource database and department communications
• Completes timely and thorough data entry following style guides
• Works with program partners to conduct a comprehensive review of information to ensure consistent, timely and accurate data collection and verification.
• Provides input into a marketing/communications plan
• Works with the County Board staff and other partners to coordinate marketing efforts
• Develops networks and resources to help expand resource management and marketing efforts
• Communicates resource information using multiple mediums including website, social media, outreach events, etc.
• Coordinates social media and website updates on behalf of Community Services
• Assists with marketing of all Community Services programs
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• AIRS standards for collecting, analyzing, classifying and updating information
• Application of effective marketing principles using multiple means of communication
• Microsoft Office 365, Joomla, HTML, Google Analytics, and MailChimp
• Current office practices, procedures and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Conveying excellent oral and written communication while maintaining proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling
• Obtaining and organizing information or material
• Writing articles and newsletters
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations and statutory requirements
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Library Sciences, Social Services, Communications, or Business Administration or related field with 1 year of experience collecting, analyzing and disseminating information in a business or social service environment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically in a general office environment with a moderate noise level, to include some travel in all weather conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS