Job Details for 4314 - Resident and Volunteer Services Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under general supervision; performs work of moderate difficulty performing responsible administrative duties to support volunteer and resident programs for the Convalescent Center; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
An employee in this class is responsible for coordinating facility events and activities, as well as providing skilled office support to the volunteer program. Work involves providing customer service for all active and potential volunteers. This position requires an overall understanding of department policies and procedures. General supervision is received from the Resident and Volunteer Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Acts as the first line of contact for the Resident and Volunteer Services department, greeting customers and answering phone calls
• Schedules new volunteer interviews
• Makes reminder calls to potential volunteers regarding their interviews, interviews potential volunteers as needed
• Presents volunteer orientation as needed
• Answers volunteer inquiries
• Organizes and maintains records relating to volunteer data
• Maintains and updates the software data base including auditing and running monthly reports
• Assists with marketing activities including contacting external agencies for the purpose of promoting interest in the Convalescent Center and volunteer opportunities
• Distributes mail for the department; assists with the facility gift and resale shop by making whole sale purchases, preparing appropriate paperwork, maintaining inventory and tracking invoices
• Purges volunteer files and creates new files as needed
• Orders supplies for the division
• Monitors and oversees the facility Grievance program
• Tracks and distributes all donations accepted by the facility
• On facility committees and work groups; assists with coordinating facility events and activities
• Prepares letters, memos, and other correspondence
• Participates in facility-wide quality improvement initiatives and projects
• Provides back-up to the reception staff and acts as a lead worker in the absence of the department manager
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within the job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Modern office procedures
• Computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc
• Customer service principles and practices
• Recordkeeping principles
• Filing procedures and practices
• Volunteer services principles
• Community resources
• Current office practices, procedures and equipment
• Department policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Provide customer service
• Prepare a variety of correspondence and documents
• Operate modern office equipment
• Process routine forms and documents
• Evaluate and analyze customer needs to provide exceptional customer service
• Learn department functions thoroughly in order to provide general information and explain detailed department processes and procedures
• Learn and explain regulatory compliance issues related to the assigned department’s function
• Maintain important records efficiently and accurately and to prepare clear and concise reports
• Multi-task with frequent interruptions
• Perform duties accurately and efficiently under time sensitive deadlines
• Respond courteously to customer inquiries
• Use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or oral instructions
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Business Administration or a related field, and two years of progressively responsible, skilled administrative experience directly related to the area assigned; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS