Job Details for 1465 - Network Analyst
Under direction, performs work of considerable difficulty in installing, maintaining and supporting County computer systems and equipment; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This position handles a variety of services for which include procurement/service analysis, installation, enhancement, programming and support for applications and equipment. An individual in this class addresses technical issues and identifies user needs regarding the use of software and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Installs new equipment and enhancements by performing equipment interfacing and network configurations
• Tests and debugs installations
• Instruct users on accessing all applications installed
• Examines malfunctioning equipment, identifies issues and determines appropriate course of action
• Analyzes needs for software, obtains pricing, availability and compatibility information
• Orders equipment and repairs, verifies equipment purchased or repairs made are as quoted and ordered
• Maintains records of network configurations, location changes and/or disposal of equipment
• Engages with end-users to analyze and correct problems and designs programs which users can follow and maintain
• Creates and maintains documentation of programs
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignment or schedule in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment, may require emergency management training, licensure or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Internal system operation and software interface capabilities
• Computer hardware and software
• Best practice and industry standards for Information Technology
• Effective communication, both verbally and in writing
• Translating or expressing technical machine functions of electronic information technology systems into non-technical terms
• Performing equipment interfacing and network configurations
• Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting equipment
• Documenting programs and maintaining records
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships
• Work independently or as part of a team
• Set and follow priorities
• Research emerging technology and comprehend new technology
• Read, interpret and apply complex technical publications, manuals and other documents
• Carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form, and to produce desired outcomes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS/Engineering or related field and one (1) year of experience in computer system set-up and operations; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS