Job Details for 1484 - Web Applications Team Lead
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Under general direction; performs work of considerable difficulty in the design, maintenance and management of the web site and related application development; performs related work as required; leads and supports a web application support team on a day to day basis.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
An employee in this class works directly with County departments and Elected Officials offices in analyzing their needs for Web applications. The position gathers business requirements and spends a substantial amount of time on complex problems; and development and implementation of new Web-based applications. Provides direction and guidance to the web applications team. General direction is received from the Web Services Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Gathers business requirements for Web-based systems
• Performs the evaluation and product selection of commercial off-the-shelf applications
• Develops new web applications
• Maintains and enhances existing web applications and databases
• Documents new application implementation and provides end-user training
• Coordinates, implements and maintains the web pages for departments, elected official offices, and related agencies
• Develops and maintains interactive web content, static and animated graphics, web-ready documents
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Utilizes Ektron Content management software, assists in the gathering and analysis of web statistics
• Management of URL maintenance; works with network administration on data and application security
• Serves as a project manager and team lead and provide direction to subordinate personnel
• Ensures the support team delivers high performing support service in line with agreed service scope and levels
• Assists with the professional development of team members to enhance skills and cross-training
• Recommends and assists with developing improvements around support processes, tools, standards and the overall performance and level of support provided by the Applications Support team
• Provides assistance to the Web Applications team with testing and deployment of web based applications changes/releases through the change management process
• Provide management information reports to IT management in respect to service levels and support activities
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Conceptual design of a website, development and maintenance of web-based applications
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Extensive problem solving
• Leadership principals
• Preparing technical reports and manuals
• Planning, scheduling, assigning and supervising work of others
• Web programming and relevant languages
• Design, maintenance of large scale relational database systems
• Electronic document management
• Developing creative internet resources
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field and six years of experience in the design and production of web-based systems and two years of experience in a team lead or supervisory role; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS