FLSA STATUS: 312
Under general supervision; performs work of moderate difficulty in providing technical support and maintenance of the Payroll/Human Resources Management System; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
An employee in this class is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation and use of the data system, security controls, validating data integrity and providing information, training, and technical support to system users. This position will also serve as a liaison to the Information Technology department. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Manager of Payroll and Benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Serves as the technical lead for Payroll/Human Resources for system acquisitions and/or enhancements to existing application software and operating system software
• Assist with the review, testing and implementation of all Payroll/Human Resources system upgrades or patches. Works with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix
• Analyzes and makes recommendations on the programming and implementation of new systems and methods
• Assists in development of policy recommendations, procedures and processes related to the Payroll/Human Resources system
• Assesses the impact of all system-related changes on integrated functionality to ensure efficient, effective operations are maintained
• Prepares and conducts training strategy for the Payroll/Human Resources systems
• Creates or obtains and adapts training materials for new systems and changes to existing systems
• Works with contractors and Information Technology staff to implement adequate security controls for the proper safeguarding of confidential data and to ensure the integrity of accurate employee information.
• Tracks and resolves application software problems in a timely manner
• Develops and writes reports utilizing query and writer functions using appropriate reporting tools to provide information to user departments
• Provides overall project management for assigned Payroll/Human Resources initiatives
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignment or schedule in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment, may require emergency management training, licensure or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Current office practices, procedures, and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Human Resources Information System practices, methods, principles and techniques
• Payroll and Human Resources processes and data
• Payroll/Human Resources Management Systems
• Effective planning and delegation techniques and practices
• Establishing and maintaining effective relationships and collaboration with internal and external partners in order to coordinate program objectives
• Reasoning logically regarding operational aspects of Human Resources Information System applications
• Analyzing and planning chronological operations
• Analyzing needs, researching recommendation and evaluating effectiveness
• Using computer hardware and software including work processing, spreadsheets, databases,email, etc.
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations and statutory requirements
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
• Carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form, and to produce desired outcomes timely and completely
• Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
• Read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources with an emphasis on Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field and five years of experience in Human Resources Information Systems; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS