Job Details for 1165 - EO Administrative Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under general supervision performs work of moderate difficulty in providing and coordinating the administrative and secretarial services and support activities of a department or area of expertise; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
Position performs a wide variety of administrative support duties from clerical support to complex administrative coordination; requires intermediate or advanced level proficiency in the use of standard desktop applications, including the ability to produce documents and reports using word processing, spreadsheets and other software tools; ability to apply judgment with respect to communications and confidentiality within the workplace. General supervision is received from assigned supervisory personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Ensuring the office operations are in compliance with the policy standards and provisions
• Assists and answers inquiries from clients or customers, the public and other contacts
• Assists customers and clients with completing forms and filing paperwork with the department
• Screens telephone calls, emails and visitors to determine the nature of requests or problems
• Processes transactions
• Issues licenses, and provides services related to a division or area of expertise
• Provides secretarial services to a board or committee, including preparing the agenda and minutes
• Completes assigned projects and activities independently
• Collects, compiles, photocopies, assembles and distributes materials for meetings, and/or other informational packets using identified sources
• Prepares reports, charts and tables by gathering, compiling and typing data following established procedures or format
• Prepares letters, memos, or other correspondence
• Transcribes dictation, often of a technical and/or confidential nature
• Maintains logs and files related to budgets, accounts payable, purchasing and/or payroll
• Oversees and orders inventory of office supplies, equipment and services within prescribed procedures and contractual agreements
• Locates and attaches appropriate file/documents to correspondence to be answered by supervisor or other staff
• Answers complex inquiries regarding policies or procedures by providing information requiring interpretations and familiarity with divisional policy and operations
• Files documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Divisional terminology, operations, procedures and policies
• Forms and procedures generally used in the division
• Management and leadership principles
• Business English, grammar, spelling and punctuation
• Current office practices, procedures, and equipment
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Using computer hardware and software including work processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Performing numerical calculations, obtain totals and balances and verify information
• Typing and transcribing dictation
• Verbal and/or written communications
• Dealing effectively with others
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations, and services of office to which assigned
• Complete tasks in Microsoft Office suite products
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations and statutory requirements
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent; four years of administrative support experience which includes an environment exposed to public contact; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work will occur in an office and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS