FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
Under direction, performs work of considerable difficulty in installing, maintaining and supporting the Police Records Management computer systems and equipment; performs related work as required.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This position handles a variety of services for which includes, installation, enhancement, programming and support for applications and equipment. An individual in this class addresses technical issues and identifies user needs regarding the use of software and equipment.
An employee in this class is responsible for maintaining and supporting the integrity of the Records Management System. Works with end users to troubleshoot system issues, oversees system upgrades and monitors systems. Direction is received from the Records Management Systems Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed by positions in this class.
• Provides technical support for both hardware and software issues for end users
• Manages the configuration and operations of client and server-based computer operating systems
• Monitors the system continuously and responds to security or usability concerns
• Creates and verifies data backups
• Responds to and resolves help desk requests
• Assess and updates systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
• Manages test and production systems
• Implements and manages software and system upgrades, updates and patches.
• Communicates with vendors to troubleshoot and assist with system issues as necessary
• Administrates infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes as needed
• Reviews application logs
• Installs and tests computer-related equipment
• Responsible for system security
• Maintains effective relationships with appropriate agencies and vendors
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Adjusts work assignments and schedules in the event of an emergency to participate in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery activities as assigned.
• Depending on assignment may maintain required emergency management training, licensure and/or certifications.
• Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Internal system operation and software interface capabilities
• Microsoft Server Operating Systems
• Server based security
• VMware ESX host/servers
• Common server monitoring and security utilities
• Using, manipulating and managing various report writing software and tools such as Crystal Reports, Business Intelligence, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and similar database models, tables, queries and Excel.
• SQL knowledge
• County policies and procedures
• Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes
• Time management resulting in completion of work to meet required deadlines.
• Making sound recommendations to improve and optimize system output.
• Analyzing facts and exercising judgment arriving to conclusions
• Handling and resolving technical problems with the database and software systems.
• Conveying excellent oral and written communication including initiating and communicating persuasively with external organizations.
• Using computer hardware and software including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email, etc.
• Applying an acquired knowledge of procedures, rules, regulations and services applicable to the assigned office
• Develop innovative processes and reports to achieve desired results.
• Carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form, and to produce desired outcomes timely and completely.
• Write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
• Manage projects and multiple priorities simultaneously
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with department and division staff, other departments and others, such as vendors
• Communicate and use interpersonal skills to interact with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations
• Convey excellent oral and written communication
• Work effectively under stress
• Maintain confidentiality
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completion of a Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field and three (3) years system administrative experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS