Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
Posting No.: 9004
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Schedules and shifts vary between full-time and part-time: 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.; 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.; 11:00 p.m.-7:00 a.m. All shifts include weekends.
Salary: $21.00-$25.52 per hour, plus shift differential
• Responding to residents’ calls and rendering service
• Preparing and administering gastric tube feeding
• Preparing, applying and changing simple and complicated dressings
• Irrigating catheters; taking temperatures, pulses and blood pressures
• Helping to prepare residents for special treatments and examinations
• Preparing daily and monthly charting of residents’ conditions and medications given
• Assisting in the cleaning and sterilizing of equipment
• Observing residents under oxygen and regulating oxygen as needed
• Assisting with weekly drug and supply orders; keeping medicine cabinet in order
• Accompanying visiting doctors on rounds and writing up doctors’ orders
• Keeping progress report book complete and up-to-date
• Supervising Nurses’ Aides in performance of routine tasks
Physical Requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and/or arms to provide care
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Possession of a license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the State of Illinois
• Completion of a course of study in Practical Nursing
• Successful completion of a pharmaceutical course from an accredited college or university, including course certification and/or copy of transcripts
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer