Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Administrative Assistant (Finance)
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Election Commission
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., evenings and weekends as required by Election/Board calendar
Salary: $28,419-$47,336 annually
There is one position open at this time.
• Prepares claims for Election Board Meetings
• Performs a variety of complex bookkeeping tasks including maintenance of fund accounts and general records
• Receives fees collected, post receipts, prepares deposits
• Maintains accurate audit trails, to include, preparing, maintaining, and/or verifying a variety of accounting, financial, and statistical records, ledgers, logs and files.
• Reviews information to ensure accurate reporting; resolving discrepancies
• Establishes and maintains various files and records
• Processes and records billings and accounts payable documents
• Prepares paperwork and information to submit to the County Procurement department
• Maintains calendar for upcoming contract renewals
• Prepares, maintains and tracks accurate record and documentation on all purchases, quotes, correspondence and related follow up
• Does routine purchasing for equipment, supplies, materials and services; ensures quality control of purchased items, on-time delivery; reviews invoices for payment; processes invoice discrepancies through vendor contact to resolve problems
• Maintains vendor lists and reference materials such as supply catalogues
• Assists in Election production
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of Associate’s degree in Business or related field, three (3) years of experience in purchasing supplies, equipment and services of four (4) years in an entry level purchasing position other than clerical; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential duties
The candidate will have:
• Computer experience, including Microsoft office, QuickBooks or related software and a general knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles and practices
A pre-employment background check is required.
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer