Employment Opportunity: Engineering
Title: Project Engineer
Posting No.: 1068
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications
There is one position open at this time.
• Oversees the investigation, development, design and/or construction of a variety of engineering projects
• Reviews studies, reports, plans and specifications for proposed public works & water/wastewater treatment facilities improvements
• Reviews public works and drainage permits
• Prepares permits for assigned in-house projects
• Resolves issues or problems that may arise during the planning, design or construction of a project
• Oversees work performed by consultants or assigned staff on a wide variety of projects
• Provides leadership and technical support to Civil Engineers and Engineering Technicians in daily work assignments and reviewing work completed
• Represents the County with governmental jurisdictions, contractors and the general public on engineering matters
• Ensures that proposed improvements are locally coordinated
• Performs water distribution and collection system modeling and evaluation. Performs modeling analyses on proposed development plans and assess impacts on existing systems
• Prepares of various documents for the procurement of consultant services
• Prepares written correspondence or gives presentations to various municipalities or County Board Committees
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited university
• Four (4) years of professional civil engineering experience
• This position requires registration as an Illinois Professional Engineer
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s license
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until this position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer