Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Community Development Specialist
Posting No.: 1072
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Division: Community Development
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $45,000-$50,000 annually
• Manages and distributes federal entitlement funds given to DuPage County through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), the HOME Investment Partnership Program, the Emergency Solutions Grant, and the Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery Grant (CDBG-DR)
• Monitors assigned projects for compliance with environmental, labor, equal opportunity, acquisition/relocation laws, housing quality standards, and income qualification
• Analyzes project feasibility and cash flow analysis for multi-family housing projects
• Coordinates the needs and input of municipalities and other outside agencies within countywide plans and programs
• Prepares Environmental Reviews
• Conducts citizen engagement surveys and exercise to obtain appropriate data for estimates and projections for community needs
• Compiles, analyzes and interprets data used in preparing the 5-year Consolidated Plan, Annual Action Plan, and Comprehensive Annual Performance Evaluation Report (CAPER)
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration, Planning or a related field
• One (1) to two (2) years of experience in community development, grant administration or real estate
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License in good standing
The preferred candidate will have:
• Working knowledge of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnership Program and Emergency Solutions Grant regulations
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer