Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Title: Billing Collection Specialist
Posting No.: 1071
Closing Date: 5/1/2017
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Salary: $33,753-$44,122 annually
There is one (1) full-time position open in Public Works. This position is located at 7900 S. Route 53 in Woodridge, Illinois.
• Work involves responsibility for generating billings and initiating collection procedures
• Billing and collection requires considerable analysis of accounts and independent judgment
• Analyzes billing information for accuracy and to determine when adjustments, allowances and averages are necessary
• Places liens on properties
• Develops payment arrangements
• Performs mathematical conversions
• Performs customer services, including detailed explanations of billings
• Other clerical and miscellaneous duties are included; however, primary emphasis is billing and collection
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
• Three (3) years of experience in fiscal recordkeeping and/or collection
The preferred candidate will have:
• Experience and a working knowledge of bookkeeping and basic accounting principles and practices
• Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
• Practices relating to documentation of accounts receivable
• Experience working in Microsoft Word and Excel and in using a 10-key adding machine
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 5/1/2017.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer