Employment Opportunity: Environmental
Title: Environmental Technician
Posting No.: 1228
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Stormwater Management
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $50,000-$55,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Enforces compliance through review of engineering plans and inspection of sites
• Oversees ordinance compliance
• Performs investigation of water quality, elevation, grading, obstruction of waterways and soil and sediment controls
• Inspects drainage complaints and develops initial work up
• Monitors the construction of drainage projects
• Prepares drainage project's justification for committee and/or Board approval
• Maintains gauging system both mechanically and electronically
• Assists developers and property owners
• Prepares, maintains and distributes records and reports pertinent to reviews and inspections
• Serves as a consultant for proper compliance
• Prepares preliminary and working drawings to scale using drafting techniques
• Prepares and updates drawings
• Interacts with the public, and conducts field inspections
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School diploma or GED
• Three (3) years of experience in design and construction of one of the fields at the journeyman level
• Or, in an environmental or sub-professional engineering field
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer