Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Database and Report Specialist
Posting No.: 1231
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $38,000-$48,000 annually
• Provide technical and user support for the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), including account set up, system monitoring, problem diagnosis and resolution, reporting, and training
• Ensure strict compliance with all policies and procedures as they relate to the HMIS, including the security of the system and the protection of confidential data
• Monitor the system for appropriate use, access, and data quality, and work with participating agencies to correct issues as needed
• Prepare and present reports that meet the data needs of the HMIS, partner organizations, Continuum of Care, and funders
• Identify training needs and develop, manage, and conduct trainings for various leveled audiences
• Participate in Regional HMIS and Continuum of Care meetings providing technical support and data to support informed decision making processes
• Maintain regular communication and coordination with local and regional HMIS System Administration and the DuPage Continuum of Care
• Coordinate and carry through the completion of special projects as assigned
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of an Associate’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and two years of administrative or operational activities or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Basic computing skills including functional use of all Microsoft Office products
• Position requires a valid Illinois Driver’s License as travel is part of the position
The preferred candidate will have:
• Experience with computer database management, Crystal Reports, Business Objects and Bowman System’s ServicePoint software
• Experience working with Human Service agencies, particularly those serving individuals at risk of or currently experiencing homelessness
A passing score on a basic Excel test is required.
This position may require out of state travel approximately two times a year.
This is a grant funded position.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer