Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Maintenance Technician
Posting No.: 9007
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Facilities Management
Hours: Full-Time: Various shifts available: Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday 12:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.; 1:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m.; 3:00 p.m.-11:30 p.m.; includes some evenings, weekends and holidays as scheduled
Salary: $39,000 annually
There are two (2) full-time positions open at this time.
• Repairs or replaces defective parts of floors, doors, screens, partitions and related hardware, and cleans, repairs and replaces worn parts as needed
• Performs painting and simple plumbing and electrical repair
• Inspects building structures or equipment
• Performs preventive maintenance and repair on a variety of mechanical equipment
• Performs related duties as required
• Building projects
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, operate tools and equipment with your hands and arms, climb, crouch or stoop, lift and carry up to 80 lbs.
• The work environment for this position frequently includes working near moving mechanical parts in high or precarious places, with fumes or airborne particles, with the risk of electrical shock, and occasionally in cramped or confined spaces
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• A High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and one (1) year of experience in maintenance and repair
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver's License
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399, and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until positions are filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer