Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Administrative Specialist
Posting No.: 1391
Closing Date: 1/25/2018
Department: Emergency Telephone System Board
Hours: Full-Time Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $35,000-$38,000 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Ensuring the office operations are in compliance with the policy standards and provisions
• Assists and answers inquiries from clients or customers, the public and other contacts
• Assists customers and clients with completing forms and filing paperwork with the department
• Screens telephone calls, emails and visitors to determine the nature of requests or problems
• Processes transactions
• Issues licenses, and provides services related to a division or area of expertise
• Provides secretarial services to a board or committee, including preparing the agenda and minutes
• Completes assigned projects and activities independently
• Collects, compiles, photocopies, assembles and distributes materials for meetings, and/or other informational packets using identified sources
• Prepares reports, charts and tables by gathering, compiling and typing data following established procedures or format
• Prepares letters, memos, or other correspondence
• Transcribes dictation, often of a technical and/or confidential nature
• Maintains logs and files related to budgets, accounts payable, purchasing and/or payroll
• Oversees and orders inventory of office supplies, equipment and services within prescribed procedures and contractual agreements
• Locates and attaches appropriate file/documents to correspondence to be answered by supervisor or other staff
• Answers complex inquiries regarding policies or procedures by providing information requiring interpretations and familiarity with divisional policy and operations
• Files documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Four years of administrative support experience which includes an environment exposed to public contact
Passing scores on a basic Excel, Proofreading, and Accounts Payable test are required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 1/25/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer