Employment Opportunity: Finance/Accounting
Title: Financial Analyst II
Posting No.: 1406
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Salary: $50,082-$66,777 annually
This position is located at 7900 S. Route 53 in Woodridge, Illinois. There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Serves as a lead worker or supervisor in the assignment of finance and accounting related projects, effectively recommends such actions for assigned personnel
• Recommends hires and promotions, directs and evaluates employment decisions for all assigned positions
• Plans, develops and implements policy and procedures for the administration of departmental financial analysis and accounting, gathers, compiles, organizes and documents relevant financial information
• Analyzes, consolidates and interprets financial data
• Prepares detailed reports and presentations for review by all levels of management
• Monitors actual results of financial data against plans, forecasts and budgets
• Consolidates a wide range of operating and financial projections for the development of both short term and long term business plans
• Maintains a current cost control
• Ensures availability of funds for payment of bills
• Assists in budget preparation and performs budgetary accounting
• Advises on the use and source of funds
• Ensures that uniform financial procedures are maintained
• Makes estimates of work and material costs
• Advises on accounting problems
• Assists subordinate personnel with work problems
• Sets up procedures to maximize efficiency and cost savings; maintains personnel records
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting and two years experience in professional finance or accounting work
The preferred candidate will have:
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• Proficient with spreadsheets and databases
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer