Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Information & Referral Specialist I
Posting No.: 1604
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. or 10:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
Salary: $30,000-$32,000 annually
• Assists individuals in focusing on particular needs, and with identifying problems
• Screens clients for eligibility for programs or services offered and completes calls
• Completes intakes with call-in clients by gathering demographic, income, assets and needs information
• Enters demographics into the appropriate database
• Provides advocacy and short term crisis intervention for persons in extreme states of stress and refers them to appropriate resources
• Mails, texts or emails resource information when needed and follows up with individuals and/or referral agency to assure client needs are met
• Conducts inquiries and basic research to determine if unknown types of services are available
• Compiles data on the number of calls, follow-up calls, source of referrals and tabulates required reports for review by supervisor
• Performs community outreach in the form of public speaking and attends social service related programs
Physical requirements and work environment:
• Some travel to an off-site facility or building in all weather conditions
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School diploma or GED
• One year of college coursework in Social Services
• Valid Illinois Driver's License in good standing
This position is dependent on available funding.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer