Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Recreation Therapy Aide
Posting No.: 1708
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Part-Time: 10 hours weekly Saturdays 8:00 a.m-4:00 p.m., every other Sunday 12:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Salary: $12.85-$14.00 per hour
• Protect wander risk residents from exiting assigned programs, and monitor behaviors and fall risk residents
• Assess resident’s skills and interests and plan and conduct leisure activities accordingly
• Provide individualized attention and encouragement in the involvement of activities
• Provide assistance for in-house transportation, feeding and other personal needs of the residents
• Assist in the maintenance and storage of special equipment for recreational activities
• Document attendance for individualized resident activities
• Provide support to staff on resident community outings
• Operate the wheelchair lift
• Secure residents, wheelchairs and walkers in the vehicle per requirements
• Transfer residents from wheelchair to vehicle chair as needed
• Assist with feeding and other care needs of residents on outings
Physical requirements and the work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, crouch or stoop and use hands and/or arms to push wheelchairs and to provide recreational therapy; occasionally required to transfer up to 75 lbs.
• This position regularly includes working with residents. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to quiet
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent and six (6) months of experience in recreation therapy, using a variety of specialized arts, crafts, music or recreational activities
• CNA certificate is preferred
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer