Employment Opportunity: Community/Social Services
Title: Weatherization Program Assessor
Posting No.: 1713
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Community Services
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary: $42,000-$48,000 annually
The Illinois Home Weatherization Program (IHWAP) is designed to help low income residents; particularly the elderly, persons with disabilities, and families with children, save energy and reduce utility bills, while increasing the comfort of their homes.
There is currently one (1) position open at this time.
• Inspects and assesses residential and multi-family homes for conformance with County ordinances, building codes, and IHWAP program guidelines
• Conducts health and safety and energy efficiency audits
• Performs combustion safety tests and blower door diagnostic tests
• Prepares written assessments and maintains detailed inspection reports and records
• Enters data and calculates most economical and functional methods to correct deficiencies
• Utilizes energy modeling software to create work orders
• Coordinates efforts with contractors to assure work is performed as directed and in accordance with IHWAP field standards
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Two years of college coursework in accounting or business administration and one year of experience working in one of the construction fields; zoning code enforcement, engineering or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Knowledge and experience gathering and analyzing quantitative and qualitative performance data
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must be self-disciplined, show initiative, display good judgement, respond favorably to feedback, work independently, and perform tasks accurately and safely
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to lift a minimum of 50 lbs., climb ladders, crouch or stoop, crawl into confined spaces, and work in adverse weather conditions
• Must hold a current valid Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will have IHWAP Training and Certification Program (TCP), Energy Auditor Certificate issued by the State of Illinois, Building Performance Institute (BPI) Energy Auditor (EA), and Quality Control Inspector (QCI) certificates, or ability to obtain these certificates within one year of hire.
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer