Employment Opportunity: Administrative/Clerical
Title: Unit Secretary
Posting No.: 1729
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: 80 hours bi-weekly, Monday-Friday 2:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m., 8th weekend rotation, Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., holidays as scheduled
Salary: $29,500-$33,000 annually
There is one (1) position available. The position is located at the Kenneth Moy Care Center, 400 North County Farm Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187.
• Prepares charts for doctors and provides administrative support to an assigned unit
• Prepares for doctor’s visits: making charts, test results, reports for scheduled residents available
• Prepares and maintains a wide variety of unit records (e.g. advanced directives, reports, medical records, dietary restrictions, etc.)
• Greets and directs visitors and answers telephone and intercom
• Prepares new admission and discharge charts
• Notifies appropriate staff of resident expirations
• Examines resident’s wristbands for DNR/CPR status, feeding restrictions, etc.
• Inventories and maintains documentation for resident’s medical equipment (e.g. mattress, C-Pap, range of motion devices, beds, wheelchairs, etc.)
• Maintains supply of all required forms/documents
• Notifies relatives, business office, and kitchen of resident discharges
• Sorts and delivers mail
• Transports residents to events in facility and facility’s outside spaces
• Provides non-clinical assistance to residents
• Performs related work as required
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma; plus two (2) years of experience in general office work which required skilled typing
• A passing score on skills tests in Microsoft Word, Excel and typing speed and accuracy are required
Being registered as a Certified Illinois Nurse’s Assistant and experience with clinical software and Microsoft Office is a plus.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of AFSCME, Council 31.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer