Employment Opportunity: Animal Services
Title: Kennel Assistant
Posting No.: 1736
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Animal Services
Hours: Part-Time: 20 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
Salary: $11.50-$13.50 per hour
DuPage County Animal Services is an immediate open admission shelter caring for more than 2,300 animals of varying species annually. We are located at 120 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton Illinois, 60187.
• Provides care for dogs, cats and any other types of animals accepted into the shelter
• Prepares and administers diets, adding supplements
• Cleans and disinfects cages and other animal enclosures, exam room, garage and office
• Stocks all kennel/cleaning supplies as needed
• Stocks areas and spot clean kennels and public areas throughout the day
• Operates autoclave machine to sterilize surgical instruments
• Prepares surgical packs
• Organizes donated supplies
• Cleans dishes
• Folds laundry
• Assembles enrichment items
• Observes and reports animals for abnormalities and illness
• Assists in maintaining records on each animal
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be required to walk, stand, reach with hands and/or arms and lift up to 50 lbs.
• While performing the duties and responsibilities, the employee will be exposed to loud noises, noxious odors, varying weather conditions, and will be subject to animal bites, scratches, and/or kicks
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer