Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Posting No.: 1741
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m., on-call as needed
Salary: $63,525 annually
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Plans, lays out, installs and repairs a variety of complex electrical equipment including electronic controls, switchboards, motor control centers and panels, relays, circuit breakers and various other types of electronic equipment involving transistor circuits
• Establishes balanced loads
• Lays out and wires complex circuits
• Diagnoses electrical problems and replaces or repairs parts as necessary
• Detects and replaces defective control modules, tests and makes adjustments
• Prepares wiring diagrams to record all changes
• Recommends ordering of supplies and maintains various work records
• Makes modifications to older equipment to keep it operating
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Completion of electrical trade courses
• Six years experience in industrial electrical work including electronic circuitry
• Or, two years of experience at the Journeyman Electrician level
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer