Employment Opportunity: Facilities – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Senior Wastewater Facilities Operator
Posting No.: 1740
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Public Works
Hours: Full-Time, varies dependent on assignment and need of the department, on-call as assigned
Salary: Based on Collection Bargaining Agreement
This position will be located at 7900 S. Route 53, Woodridge, Illinois 60517 or 17W 40 N. Frontage Road, Darien, Illinois 60561.
• Ensures safe and efficient operation of plant processes, equipment and machinery through proper operation, routine checks, and ongoing maintenance
• Draws samples of water for laboratory tests and analyses
• Notes changes in effluent and takes corrective action
• Operates the facilities machinery and pumps and associated equipment
• Cleans the facilities machinery and removes sludge accumulations
• Adds chemicals according to prescribed standards
• Documents status of various processes and transmits data to superior
• Performs routine chemical analyses of water
• Housekeeping and general plant upkeep such as painting and grass cutting
• Trains employees in lower level operator positions
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and/or arms to operate tools and equipment, climb, crouch or stoop, and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in an environment that regularly includes working near moving mechanical parts, with hazardous chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of two high school level courses in chemistry and biology, and six years of experience operating a sewage treatment plant; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• A valid Illinois Class II Wastewater Operator’s License
• A valid Illinois Driver’s License
Examples of equivalent experience may include a minimum of a Class 3 Wastewater Operator’s License accompanied with either licensure as a Professional Engineer (PE), Class K license or a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 399.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer