Employment Opportunity: Support Services
Title: Housekeeper I
Posting No.: 1750
Closing Date: Until Filled
Department: Facilities Management
Hours: Part-Time: Monday-Friday 5:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m., with occasional weekends and holidays
Salary: $10.92 per hour
There is one (1) part-time position open at this time. This position will be assigned to the Public Works Facility at 7900 S. Route 53 in Woodridge.
• Clean offices, hallways, and restrooms
• Change light bulbs; utilizing an extension pole, stepstool, or ladder
• Sweep, mop, disinfect restrooms, polish furniture, and empty wastebaskets and recycling bins
• Inspect completed work for cleanliness
• Move carts of chairs, load/unload cart of chairs and arrange chairs for rooms
• Move tables to set up and break down meeting rooms
• Attend in-service programs and department meetings
• Assist other Housekeeping staff and replenish supplies as necessary
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, squat, kneel, climb ladders and stairs, use hands to push, pull and operate cleaning tools and equipment, reach with hands and/or arms overhead and horizontally, uses hands for repetitive tasks, crouch or stoop, and lift and move a maximum of 50 lbs.
• The work environment for this position regularly includes tasks that occur indoors in a temperature controlled environment, on surfaces such as ceramic tile, vinyl tile, concrete or commercial carpeting. Employees may occasionally perform functions outdoors on concrete, asphalt, grass, or gravel. The employee may have to function on potentially unstable structures (ladders and/or stepstools) on uneven surfaces (outdoors on concrete, asphalt, grass or gravel) and on surfaces of varying heights such as stairs, steps, ladders or stepstools. Tasks may require personal protective equipment including latex or vinyl gloves and safety glasses
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
The preferred candidate will have:
• Knowledge of cleaning materials, supplies and equipment
• Knowledge of how to safely and effectively use cleaning chemicals and supplies
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer