Employment Opportunity: Additional Opportunities
Title: Equipment Operator I
Posting No.: 1751
Closing Date: 11/14/2018
Department: Transportation and Highways
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m., overtime and on-call as needed, to include evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
Salary: Based on Union Contract
There is one (1) position open at this time.
• Operates a variety of motor vehicles and equipment (e.g. pickup truck, dump truck, sweeper, snow plow, polecat, chipper, etc.)
• Performs a variety of heavy manual work (e.g. construction of sidewalks and streets etc.)
• Services and performs minor repairs and routine maintenance on motorized equipment
• Repairs roadways and streets
• Performs landscape maintenance
• Additional duties as assigned
Physical requirements and work environment:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee must exert up to 80 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body
• The work environment frequently includes working near moving mechanical parts, in high or precarious places, in extreme outside weather conditions, with hazardous materials, with fumes or airborne particles, with the risk of electric shock, and in cramped or confined spaces
• Employees in this class are required to be on call for emergency situations and seasonal snow removal, which means being capable of working in excess of forty hours per week
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma equivalent
• Two years of experience in the operation of light to moderate size motorized equipment as it relates to highway maintenance
• Must possess and maintain in good standing a valid Illinois Driver’s License
The preferred candidate will have experience with landscaping, snow plowing, asphalt, and concrete.
This position is subject to drug and alcohol testing requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991.
This position is included in the Bargaining Unit of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150 and will be required to pay a fair share to the Union.
The selected candidate will be required to obtain a Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with an air brakes endorsement within ninety (90) days of employment.
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 11/14/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer