Employment Opportunity: Healthcare – Professionals/Technicians
Title: Admissions Nurse Liaison
Posting No.: 1749
Closing Date: 11/14/2018
Department: Care Center
Hours: Full-Time: Monday-Friday, hours vary between 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
Salary: $60,000-$67,000 annually
• Conducts pre-admission assessments, interprets potential patient’s medical condition and medical history while obtaining appropriate documentation
• Completes on-site hospital, community and home visits to gather information regarding potential admissions
• Works with referral sources (hospitals, physicians, social workers and case managers) to identify prospective residents
• Reviews patient charts and plan of care, including medication lists to ensure clinical appropriateness and to determine if the patient meets Medicare guidelines
• Communicates with staff at referring facilities to establish a coordinated plan of care for patients admitted or awaiting admissions
• Obtains necessary payer source information; Medicare, Managed Care and Private Pay from applicants
• Collaborates with internal department leaders and direct care staff in determining post-acute care needs of potential admissions
• Participates in and assists with marketing activities and events as directed to maintain budgeted census and facility profitability
• Develops and maintains referral sources, identifies market needs and trends and educates others about the facility’s history and services to increase visibility
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Completion of a Bachelor's degree as a Registered Nurse
• Three (3) years of clinical hospital experience
• Must possess a current Illinois Registered Nurse License
• This position requires a Valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Illinois
The preferred candidate will:
• Three (3) years of experience in subacute/skilled nursing settings
• Working knowledge and proficiency with MS Office, HER (Electronic Health Records)
• Prior admissions/sales/marketing experience in post-acute and long-term care
A post offer physical is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Applications for this position accepted until 11/14/2018.
DuPage County is an Equal Opportunity Employer